The Senate of the University of Bucharest
The Senate is based on the principles of academic freedom, of the autonomy and of transparency of the university. The Senate is composed of 119 members, out of which 89 are professors and 30 students
The members of the Administrative Council as well as the director of the General Secretary’s Office of the University are considered to be permanent guests to the Senate assemblies.
The Senate guarantees the academic freedom and the autonomy of the university, approving the strategic plan of institutional development as well as the operational plans at the suggestion of the rector.
Other attributes of the Senate:
- it develops and enacts the University Charter;
- it approves, at the rector’s suggestion and by respecting the existing law, the structure, the organization and the functioning of the University;
- it approves the budget plan and the budgetary execution;
- it approves the quality assurance code and the academic ethics and deontology code;
- it approves the methodologies and the regulations regarding the organization and the functioning of the University;
- it approves the creation, the division, the centralisation and the dissolution of the entities which comprise the University, based on the suggestions made by the faculties considered to be competent by the Administration Committee;
- it approves the organisation and the dissolution of study programmes, including those with a double specialisation and with double diplomas;
- it approves the tuition numbers based on the suggestions of the faculties, advised by the Administration Committee;
- it approves the status of the doctoral schools and of the research and micro-production entities of the University;
- it approves the regulations and the annual reports of all functional systems, committees and entities.
The President of the Senate: Prof. Marian Preda, PhD
The Vice-President of the Senate: Prof. Dan Oancea, PhD
The Vice-President of the Senate: Prof. Simona Gherghina, PhD
Chief of cabinet
36-46 M. Kogălniceanu Bvd., sector 5, 050107, Bucharest, Romania
The "Academic Deontology" course will be organized in English,...
Between the 12th and the 15th of Febryary 2018, the "Ţara Haţegului"...
Unique in the whole world, the ambitious project of transforming the...
During the 19th and the 25th of February 2018, the University of...
This international conference “Mediatizing memory: History and its mediatic construction”– Call for papers
This international conference “Mediatizing memory: History and its...
The International Congress Curiosity and Censorship in the Modern...