The Senate of the University of Bucharest
The Senate is based on the principles of academic freedom, of the autonomy and of transparency of the university. The Senate is composed of 119 members, out of which 89 are professors and 30 students
The members of the Administrative Council as well as the director of the General Secretary’s Office of the University are considered to be permanent guests to the Senate assemblies.
The Senate guarantees the academic freedom and the autonomy of the university, approving the strategic plan of institutional development as well as the operational plans at the suggestion of the rector.
Other attributes of the Senate:
- it develops and enacts the University Charter;
- it approves, at the rector’s suggestion and by respecting the existing law, the structure, the organization and the functioning of the University;
- it approves the budget plan and the budgetary execution;
- it approves the quality assurance code and the academic ethics and deontology code;
- it approves the methodologies and the regulations regarding the organization and the functioning of the University;
- it approves the creation, the division, the centralisation and the dissolution of the entities which comprise the University, based on the suggestions made by the faculties considered to be competent by the Administration Committee;
- it approves the organisation and the dissolution of study programmes, including those with a double specialisation and with double diplomas;
- it approves the tuition numbers based on the suggestions of the faculties, advised by the Administration Committee;
- it approves the status of the doctoral schools and of the research and micro-production entities of the University;
- it approves the regulations and the annual reports of all functional systems, committees and entities.
The President of the Senate: Prof. Marian Preda, PhD
The Vice-President of the Senate: Prof. Dan Oancea, PhD
The Vice-President of the Senate: Prof. Simona Gherghina, PhD
University of Bucharest, Organizing Partner for the XVIth edition of the National Conference on Virtual Learning
The XVIth edition of the National Conference on Virtual...
The University of Bucharest launched a social survey in...
„Angajatori de TOP” career fair, the most important...
„Ethics and how to Teach Ethics in the Pre-Academic Education”, the Topic of the National Conference of Philosophy Professors
On the 26th -27th of October 2018, the Centre for...
The University of Bucharest, Organizing Partner of the World’s Biggest Financial Education Competition, on the Occasion of the World Savings Day
On Wednesday, the 31st of October 2018, the University...
Professors and Researchers from UB’s Faculty of Philosophy Attend UAIC’s Conference on Rewriting Tradition
On Thursday, the 1st of November 2018, a team of...