The strategy of internationalization of the University of Bucharest for 2016-2020 has the
- Creating a functional system of reporting the internationalization processes, through
identification of the exchange of good practices on European level and creation of
internal mechanisms to increase the internationalization level of UB,
- Increasing number of active partnerships on national level,
- Increasing number of international mobilities (stimulate participation of academics and
researchers to international programs, increase number of incoming and outgoing
students and attracting foreign professors into teaching activity).
Priorities of UB internationalization strategy are the following:
- Increasing the number of study/internship and teaching/research mobilities,
- Disseminating events and activities organized by UB (internationalization of research and dissemination of academic actions with international impact),
- Internationalization of UB study programmes (developing new study programmes in foreign languages, participating to international education fairs, defining higher priority geographical areas for recruitment of students).
- Academic and social integration of foreign students in UB.
The UB internationalization strategy is implemented by the International Relations Direction/DRI (through Erasmus+ Office and International Cooperation and Foreign Students Office), in direct collaboration with other administrative departments (Communication, Public Relations and Marketing Direction, UB Institute of Research) and the students faculties and associations of the faculties.
Actions carried out in order to implement the internationalization strategy:
- Identifying partner institutions with compatible curricula in order to conclude partnership agreements for exchanges and mobilities (Erasmus and bilateral),
- Disseminating results of international projects, international events (academic, research and social) through the DRI Internet page and of a blog designed for this action,
- Social and academic events dedicated to foreign students in order to integrate them into the UB community (international cultural weeks),
- Periodic meetings with students regarding the information on foreign mobilities opportunities,
- Periodic meetings with all factors involved in internationalization for exchanges of good practices and establishing next actions.
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 – 13:00
36-46 Mihail Kogălniceanu Bvd., room 301, 2nd floor, sector 5, Bucharest
International Cooperation and Foreign Students Office
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 – 13:00
The Mihail Kogălniceanu Complex C, 36-46 Mihail Kogălniceanu Bvd, 2nd floor, sector 5, Bucharest
The ICUB Social Sciences Division has set into motion an...
Eight universities take part in the European...
Lunchtime Seminar on “Amending the Ottoman Capitulations: Venetian Imperial Signs (nishan-hümayun) in the Seventh Century” hold by ICUB’s Humanistic Sciences Section
On January 31, 2019, the Humanities Science Section of...
The International Conference „Information Science. New Challenges, New Approaches” at the University of Bucharest
The International Conference Information Science. New...
Academician Victor Matveev from Unified Nuclear Research Institute Dubna, Doctor Honoris Causa of University of Bucharest
On 20 November 2018, University of Bucharest awarded the...
The University of Bucharest Reunited Tens of Historians from Seven Countries for Debates on Remaking Europe after 1918
More than 20 historians coming from academic centres in...