Department of Counseling and Career Guidance
The responsibilities of the department include:
- career counselling
- vocational orientation
- information regarding the UB study domains
- counselling and psychological evaluation
- capability evaluation
- it develops programmes which are of interest for the students related to the business field and with the labour market
- it organizes career events, trainings and workshops, events where students interact directly with specialists in various fields, professional development opportunities (internships, volunteering, company visits, part-time jobs, short-term jobs) in partnership with private companies and with institutions in various fields
- it develops the alternative lodging programme and social integration programmes
- it represents the University in fairs and educational, career-related events
1. Counselling and orientation services
2. Trainings and Workshops
3. Information and promoting of:
- The educational offer of the University of Bucharest
- The employment offers and opportunities received from partners from the business environment and from collaborating institutions
- The UB image on an international level through the partaking into fairs and specific manifestations
- To these we also add the editing and updating of a Career Guide (the “Cariera” magazine) for Students, the Students’ Guide as well as other information and promoting materials for events and projects organized our department.
Academic and professional research
Every year we work on research such as “Academic and professional choices of the UB candidates”, “Academic and professional choices of the MA candidates”. In 2013 we also added to these a research regarding the services offered in the UB campuses, in order to improve the housing and studying conditions for the students of the UB.
These initiatives are very important for us, because this way we can suggest a more efficient allocation of funds, so as to solve as many of the students’ necessities as possible.
Monday-Thursday: 10:00 – 14:00
Facebook: Departamentul de Consiliere si Orientare pentru Cariera – UB
Mihail Kogălniceanu Complex B, 2nd floor, Sector 5, 050107, 36-46 Mihail Kogălniceanu Bvd, Bucharest, Romania
The ICUB Social Sciences Division has set into motion an...
Eight universities take part in the European...
Lunchtime Seminar on “Amending the Ottoman Capitulations: Venetian Imperial Signs (nishan-hümayun) in the Seventh Century” hold by ICUB’s Humanistic Sciences Section
On January 31, 2019, the Humanities Science Section of...
The International Conference „Information Science. New Challenges, New Approaches” at the University of Bucharest
The International Conference Information Science. New...
Academician Victor Matveev from Unified Nuclear Research Institute Dubna, Doctor Honoris Causa of University of Bucharest
On 20 November 2018, University of Bucharest awarded the...
The University of Bucharest Reunited Tens of Historians from Seven Countries for Debates on Remaking Europe after 1918
More than 20 historians coming from academic centres in...